Gourmet Kayak Expedition
Soak up stunning wildlife and sunsets while savoring fine wine and gourmet cuisine
MAX. GROUP SIZE
- June 24-26, 2022
- July 1-3, 2022
- July 22-24, 2022 Limited space available!
- August 5-7, 2022 Limited space available!
- August 19-21, 2022 Limited space available!
- Sept. 2-4, 2022
- Sept. 15-17, 2022 (not during a weekend)
Spaces fill quickly! All trips sold out in full in 2021. Book now to lock in a bucket list local getaway!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you would like to inquire about booking a private trip, interest in another date, and being added to the waitlist for openings.
- Gourmet cooked-to-order meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Washington wine paired with every Happy Hour and dinner
- Breath-taking sunsets and views of the Cascade Mountain Range
- Wildlife sightings that include: orcas, seals, jellyfish, starfish, deer, and osprey
- Rental of all kayak and camping gear
Chocolate trufflesBraised short ribsSausage hash with eggs
Crudites with truffle saltFresh seasonal fruitWA wine pairings
Get ready for a gourmet foodie and nature experience in Washington’s San Juan Islands, complete with hyper-local cuisine, happy hours and Washington wine!
The San Juan Islands host some of the most beautiful wildlife and sightseeing in Washington State. Savor Seattle has partnered with San Juan Outfitters to offer you the chance to explore this gorgeous region from the sea-level view of a kayak!
Instead of typical camping fare, your Guides prepare gourmet meals using recipes developed by Savor Seattle’s founder, Angela Shen. Fascinating sea life and spectacular sunsets are complemented by entrees like braised short ribs, desserts like raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and Happy Hour treats like Fran’s Chocolates salted caramels. Each dinner and Happy Hour is paired with a selection of Lost River Winery’s wines.
This is the ultimate trip for the foodie who enjoys nature, the outdoor enthusiast who loves a great meal, or anyone who would like to relax on a beach with a glass of wine after a day of kayaking in the beautiful San Juan Islands.
Want to hear more about this bucket list trip? Understand what to pack and how to get to and from the islands? Download our comprehensive Gourmet Kayak Expedition Guide.
Your kayaking adventures begin at 10:00 am in Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA. After a short shuttle van ride to the historic seaside village of Roche Harbor, you will repack your belongings into dry bags. Anything that you leave behind will be stored securely until you return from the trip.
Enjoy a picnic lunch of grilled meat skewers paired with a hearty black rice salad with lemon vinaigrette, accompanied by a discussion of paddling technique and a review of the upcoming adventure.
We will then paddle along the eastern shore of San Juan Island and University of Washington Marine Sanctuary en route to Jones Island State Park. Here is where you will set up camp for two nights. The total paddle distance is 7 miles, broken up into 2-3 segments depending on the group’s speed and needs.
Upon arrival at the campsite, you will assist with unloading all of the kayaks and pitching your own tents. Enjoy Happy Hour, grilled salmon with smoked sea salt paired with Lost River wines, and rosemary olive oil cake with fruit compote for dessert.
After a hearty breakfast of bacon and spinach faro with scrambled eggs, we will explore the shores of the Wasp Islands and Yellow Island. Today’s 3-4 mile journey (2-3 hours) takes us through plentiful wildlife and scenery.
Reenergize with a fantastic meal of smoked salmon sandwiches and chips served with Chukar Cherries peach cherry salsa. After returning to camp, enjoy some flexible downtime and/or join your Guides for an easy 1-3 mile hike with lush and sweeping views.
Enjoy a Happy Hour of Fran’s salted caramels and local cheese, fruit, and nuts. After short ribs for dinner, make sure to save room for dessert! And don’t be surprised if somehow a dance party with headlamps for strobe lights spontaneously combusts. Stranger things have been known to happen
After another cooked-to-order breakfast, you will break down camp and assist with loading all equipment back into the kayaks. Your 7-mile return paddle (3-4 hours) to Roche Harbor may include visits to Rueben Tarte Park and/or Posey Island depending upon the group’s ability, weather, and tide conditions. Your final lunch of curry chicken salad with peaches and chickpeas will give you fuel for the final unpacking of the boats and gear upon arrival back to Roche Harbor.
You will repack items from the dry bags into the luggage you left in storage pre-trip. The expedition will conclude between 3:00- 4:00pm in Roche Harbor where a shuttle van awaits to transport you back to Friday Harbor ferry terminal.
* Itinerary is subject to modifications depending upon weather, water conditions, and group’s overall fitness and ability level.
Excited to learn more? Download our comprehensive Gourmet Kayak Expedition Guide.
- All kayaking and camping gear (e.g. tents, pillows, sleeping bags, dry bags)
- Gourmet cooked-to-order meals paired with wine pairings in the evening
- 2 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 2 Happy Hours*
- 2 Dinners*
- Luggage storage dock-side in Friday Harbor, WA
- All items you bring will be removed from your luggage and repacked into dry bags and placed inside your kayaks for the duration of the expedition)
- Ground transportation from Roche Harbor to Friday Harbor, WA at the start and end of the expedition
- Air/ferry/ground transportation to/from the San Juan Islands, WA
- Pre and post trip accommodations
- $30 bedding rental and cleaning fee (waived if you bring your own sleeping gear)
- Cash gratuity at your discretion for the tour guides
Space is limited. To book your space for a trip date, please click on the pink “Buy Tickets” button at the top or bottom of the page. A deposit of $200.00 plus tax and ticketing fee is required to secure your space. Payments are non-refundable unless COVID-19 related restrictions preclude the trip from operating. Balance is due 30 days prior to the trip date.
For questions, please call us or email: email@example.com.