Gourmet Kayak Expedition
Soak up stunning wildlife and sunsets while savoring fine wine and gourmet cuisine
MAX. GROUP SIZE
- July 23-25, 2021 SOLD OUT!
- August 6 - 8, 2021 2 spaces left!
- August 20 - 22, 2021 1 space left!
- August 27 - 29 2021 SOLD OUT!
- September 3- 5, 2021 SOLD OUT!
- September 10 - 12, 2021 *NEW DATE!*
Spaces fill quickly! In 2020, we operated 8 sold-out trips between July-Sept. Book now to lock in a bucket list local getaway!
- Gourmet cooked-to-order meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Washington wine paired with every Happy Hour and dinner
- Breath-taking sunsets and views of the Cascade Mountain Range
- Wildlife sightings that include: orcas, seals, jellyfish, starfish, deer, and osprey
- Rental of all kayak and camping gear
Chocolate trufflesBraised short ribsSausage hash with eggs
Crudites with truffle saltFresh seasonal fruitWA wine pairings
Get ready for a “pampered paddling” experience in the San Juan Islands, Washington, complete with gourmet cuisine and Washington wine.
The San Juan Islands host some of the most beautiful wildlife and sightseeing in Washington State. Savor Seattle has partnered with San Juan Outfitters to offer you the chance to explore this gorgeous region from the sea-level view of a kayak!
Instead of typical camping fare, our guides prepare gourmet meals using recipes developed by Savor Seattle’s founder, Angela Shen. Fascinating sea life and spectacular sunsets are complemented by entrees like braised short ribs, desserts like raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and Happy Hour treats like Fran’s Chocolates’ salted caramels. Each dinner and Happy Hour is paired with a selection of Washington wines.
This is the ultimate trip for the foodie who enjoys nature, the outdoor enthusiast who loves a great meal, or anyone who would like to relax on a beach with a glass of wine after a day of kayaking in the beautiful San Juan Islands.
Your kayaking adventures begin at 11:00 am in Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA. After a short shuttle van ride to the historic seaside village of Roche Harbor, a picnic lunch of grilled meat skewers paired with a hearty black rice salad with lemon vinaigrette, accompanies a discussion of paddling technique and a review of the upcoming adventure. We will then paddle along the undeveloped eastern shore of San Juan Island to Spieden Island and take a break on Gossip Island, a remote island that is part of the Cascadia Marine Trail. Afterwards, we will paddle to Prevost Harbor on the northern side of Stuart Island, where we will set up camp for two nights. Enjoy Happy Hour, grilled salmon with smoked sea salt paired with Lost River wines, and rosemary olive oil cake with fruit compote for dessert.
After a hearty breakfast of bacon and spinach faro with scrambled eggs, we will explore the scenic northern shorelines of San Juan Island. Today’s journey takes us through a spectacular section of the islands, plentiful with wildlife, passing along the expansive shorelines of Stuart Island, John’s Island, and the Cactus Islands. You will paddle into Boundary Pass and Haro Strait, a favorite salmon-hunting ground for orca whales.
Reenergize with a fantastic meal of smoked salmon sandwiches and chips served with Chukar Cherries peach cherry salsa. After a bit more paddling, you will return to camp on Stuart Island. Join your guides for an easy two mile hike to the northwestern point of Stuart Island for sweeping views of the Canadian Gulf Islands and Canadian Coastal Mountains.
Enjoy a Happy Hour of Fran’s salted caramels and local cheese with truffle honey. After short ribs for dinner, make sure to save room for dessert!
After another cooked-to-order breakfast, our final morning takes us southeast out of Prevost Harbor and across Spieden Channel, where we will work up an appetite for curry chicken salad with peaches and chickpeas. Depending on conditions, we may even circumnavigate Stuart Island before saying goodbye to this beautiful place. A stop at Posey Island, Washington’s smallest state park, for crudités with truffle salt will be highlighted by expansive views of the Haro Strait and Vancouver Island to the west.
Our expedition will finish between 3:00-4:00pm in Roche Harbor where your luggage and shuttle van awaits to transport you back to Friday Harbor ferry terminal, or local lodging.
*Itinerary is subject to modifications depending upon weather and water conditions and group’s overall fitness level and interests.
- All kayaking and camping gear (e.g. tents, pillows, sleeping bags, dry bags)
- Gourmet cooked-to order meals paired with wine pairings in the evening
- 2 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 2 Happy Hours*
- 2 Dinners*
- Luggage storage in dock-side in Friday Harbor, WA
- All items you bring will be removed from your luggage and repacked into dry bags and placed inside your kayaks for the duration of the expedition)
- Ground transportation from Roche Harbor to Friday Harbor, WA at the start and end of the expedition
- Air/ferry/ground transportation to/from the San Juan Islands, WA
- Pre and post trip accommodations
- $30 bedding rental and cleaning fee (waived if you bring your own sleeping gear)
- Cash gratuity at your discretion for the tour guides
Space is limited. To book your space for a trip date, please click on the pink “Buy Tickets” button at the top or bottom of the page. Deposit of $200.00 plus tax and ticketing fee is required to secure your space. Payments are non-refundable unless COVID-19 related restrictions preclude the trip from operating. Balance is due at 30 days prior to trip date.
For questions, please call us or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.