Heart of Italy Tour
Enjoy your favorite Italian foods and ingredients in the regions of Italy where they originated
MAX. GROUP SIZE
May 27 - June 4, 2017
September 2-10, 2017
*Based on double occupancy. Single supplement of $1,400.
- Savor authentic Italian foods from their hometowns with insider tours, farm visits, and private tastings
- Intimate, hands-on cooking classes
- Special visit to the Uffizi Gallery and a private tour of the Vassari Corridor with an expert local guide.
- Luxury accommodations at boutique hotels and a vineyard estate
- Preview dinner and cooking class in Seattle with Italian chef two weeks prior to the trip
Arugula parmesan saladCantaloupe & biscotti dessertCharcuterie & cheese platter
Pear balsamic walnut saladShort rib with fresh tagliatelleAuthentic blistered crust pizza
Which story will you tell your friends about your first trip to Italy?
Will it be about eating pizza in Naples, the birthplace of pizza? Or how you went truffle hunting with a trained truffle-hunting dog? Or the lazy days you spent basking in the Tuscan sunshine pool-side, surrounded by beautiful vineyards while nibbling on cheese and prosciutto?
Savor Seattle Food Tours has partnered with The Table Less Traveled to curate a delicious adventure that will put a nice dent in your foodie bucket list. These Heart of Italy Food Tours explore three regions of Italy: Tuscany (Florence, Chianti), the Amalfi Coast (Sorrento, Capri, Positano), and the untold foodie capital of Italy, Emilia Romagna. Join us as we discover the hidden gems of the culinary scene in Italy, while savoring wonderful foods and ingredients in the regions where they originated. From watching 86 pound wheels of parmesan cheese being “birthed,” to rolling your own fresh pasta and making a to-die-for Bolognese sauce, you will be living la dolce vita!
Day 1-3: Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast
Day 4-5: Naples, Florence, Chianti, and Tuscan countryside
Day 6-9: Emilia Romagna
Day 1 – 3: Sorrento & the Amalfi Coast
Arrive in style at the Naples International airport where you will be met by your driver for a private transfer to Sorrento, a breathtaking 60-minute drive along the coast. You will discover the best of this beautiful coastal region as you:
- Visit a small local dairy farm where a family produces fresh artisan mozzarella
- Taste limoncello made from lemon trees so close by, you can smell them!
- Get your hands in the dough as you learn how to make real Italian pizza
- Board a private boat to meander through the grottos around Capri
- Wander the small winding hillside streets of Positano
- Dine on the freshest seafood caught by fisherman from just a few footsteps away
Day 4 – 5: Naples, Florence, Chianti, and Tuscan countryside
After enjoy breakfast overlooking the Mediterranean, depart on a private bus for a quick stop in Naples for the best fried pizza you have ever tasted. Watch as the Italian pizzaioli perfectly shape, fill, and seal the dough and then toss it in the fryer.
Experience the way locals travel as you board a fast train for a 3-hour journey to the historic city of Florence. We use Florence as our home base to explore Tuscany, including opportunities to:
- Cruise the Arno River at sunset and learn about Florence’s significance as the birthplace of the Renaissance movement
- Visit the Uffizi Gallery to peek at The Birth of Venus by Botticelli and walk through the Vasari Corridor, the private passageway of the Medici family
- Eat like a local Italian for a day as we begin with espresso and proceed on a walking tour throughout Florence including stops for aperitivo and gelato!
- Explore the local farmers markets before learning how to make fresh pasta in a beautiful villa set in the famous wine region of Chianti in the Tuscan countryside
Day 6 – 9: Emilia Romagna
Enjoy your private vehicle transfer through the rolling countryside of Tuscany into Emilia Romagna where we will discover this culinary-rich region from the comfort of our villa in the vineyards. This hidden gem is home to iconic Italian foods, and some special surprise experiences that you won’t want to miss!
- Pick grapes fresh from the vineyard before touring the cellars and tasting the final wine products
- Watch the process of birthing an 86 pound wheel of parmigiano-reggiano cheese in a private factory tour
- Take unlimited selfies in front of a wall of prosciutto legs and taste the difference of prosciutti in the aging process
- Visit a cellar where balsamic vinegar is aged and learn about what makes this 12-25 year process so special for local families
- Get out in the woods with a truffle hunter and his dog and witness what it takes to uncover these exquisite little treats!
- Dine on the best local cuisine while being hosted at a Michelin Star restaurant
Finally, relax on your private transfer from the countryside vineyard to the Bologna International Airport.
Hotel Plaza Lucchesi PatioHotel Plaza Lucchesi Tuscany
Hotel Regina Sorrento BalconyHotel Regina Sorrento Room
Borgo Conde WineryBorgo Conde Emilia Romagna
- All meals except 2 evenings for dinner at your leisure
- Wine tastings & select alcoholic beverages
- Luxury accommodations (4 star)
- Private airport transfers
- Ground transportation during the tour
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- All taxes & gratuities
- 24/7 wi-fi access*
- Bottled drinking water
*Subject to Terms & Conditions at time of booking
- International air transportation
- 2 dinners at your leisure
- Trip cancellation protection
- Travel insurance
- Hotel room incidentals
- Premium alcoholic beverages (+taxes & fees on beverages)